Evioblog Present to you the founder of Advocacy for Human Value Foundation.
18 year old
Bsc Political Science (200 Level)
The concept of Humanitarianism started in me when I was 14-year old during my SS 2 Class at the Adeola International School Kubwa, Abuja. I was privileged to lead a team of my colleagues to an Orphanage Home at FCDA Quarters in Kubwa where I contributed food items and materials to the orphans. The kind of appreciation and acknowledgement I received spurred me to develop passion for helping the needy and the most vulnerable members of the society.
In summary so far, I have initiated and executed the following projects and programmes so far my credit:-
1. Organized a Workshop on Ways to Raise Funds and Partnership in Kaduna, Kaduna State in 2017;
2. Free Mosquitoes Campaign in Maimalari Barracks, Maiduguri, Borno State;
3. Ramadan (Fasting) Feedings across 17 States of Nigeria;
4. Outreach to Christian/Muslim Widows in Borno State;
5. Mission Zara Bala Project (raped by her biological father);
6. Outreach to Christians’ Orphans in Gwagwalada and Gwarimpa Areas of FCT;
7. Ongoing Case of Babagana Modu Mustapha and Adam Algoni (Boko Haram Victims);
8. Ongoing Case of Hajjiya Amina Musa: A cancer patient in Kano State;
9. Sponsorship of 20 children into GRA Primary and Secondary Schools in Maiduguri, Borno State; and
10. Community Awareness on HIV/AIDS Campaign in Benishekh (Kaga Local Government).
Meanwhile, I have received several awards in recognition of my selfless contributions to the society and humanity. These include:-
a). The Nigerian Goodwill Ambassadors’ ‘Humanitarian Award of the Year 2017’;
b). University of Maiduguri Humanitarian Award of the Year 2017;
c). The Most Influential Teenager in Borno State;
d). The Voice of Borno 2016/2017 Award.
WHAT DRIVES ME MOST:
We have certain developments for our dear country Nigeria, which include; eradicating of poverty as the greatest global challenge facing the world today. In this regard I committed myself to volunteering humanity services from poverty and hunger as a matter of urgency. I also reaffirm the importance of freedom, peace and security, respect for all human rights, which includes; right to development and adequate standard of living, right to food, girl child education, gender equality, women empowerment and the overall commitment to a just and egalitarian society.
In an overview to that, I decided to bring up my idea of starting a Charity Organization into table around 2015 August when I was actually 15years. I started all this in Borno upon the insults, threats and lots of challenges I faced but then I never gave up as I had my parents and family support.
The foundation which I have been singlehandedly funding through my school pocket money just to help the most vulnerable members of our society focuses on the peoples with special disabilities, orphans and IDPs.
I am happy to state that even though I started my charity activities when I was in Secondary School in Abuja but got more fertile land to help while in Maiduguri and by the grace of God I have begun to receive recognitions and accolades from across Nigeria and beyond.
Ladies and Gentlemen, it may interest you to note that I am the first Girl to work on the Fight Against Illiteracy and the First to lead the Bring Back Our Chibok Girls in Borno State.
It is therefore my sincere hope that with my brief profile enumerated above, you would be inspired to start up a voluntary work for the betterment of oneself and the society at large, so we achieve the Change Begins With Me Campaign of the Federal Government of Nigeria.